Just completed the crandpass script. I am considering this feature complete and have also not only releasing a tarball with this version but an RPM as well. Repositories for the package can now be found on the OpenBuild service and hopefully I can get it in the mail OpenSUSE repositories for 13.1 since it is such a simple, elegant script.
VERSION 5: 20130803
* ADDED spec file for rpm package creation.
* CHANGED file structure of project folder.
* CHANGED README file is now up to date.
VERSION 4: 20130802
* ADDED hexadecimal password creation options (-H)
VERSION 3: 20130802
* CHANGED default passwords created to 1. This is to make the program script friendly so that it can be re-used.
* ADDED support for controling case
* ADDED support for character control: letters, numbers, and symbols can now be includued or excluded.
* ADDED symbol support.
Usage: crandpass -c 1 -l 32 -s random
-h print this help message
-A alphabetic characters options:
0 x exlude exclude letters
1 l lower use only lowercase
2 u upper use only uppercase
3 m mix use mixed case (default)
-c number of passwords to create (default: 1)
-H create hexadecimal passwords
1 l lower use lowercase
2 u upper use uppercase
-l length of passwords (default: 32)
-N numerical character options:
0 x exclude exclude numbers
1 i include include numbers (default)
-s source of the passwords (default: random)
r random use /dev/random
u urandom use /dev/urandom
-S symbol character options:
0 x exclude exclude symbols (default)
1 i include include symbols
-v print version number
As you can see, this new version as added options to create passwords of varying complexity using a very simple command structure.
Version 5 - MD5 sum: 3119dce71b76943e57c626b0d31eac6c
OpenBuild Service: http://software.opensuse.org/package/crandpass
Packages exist for: CentOS, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Mandriva, and Red Hat RHEL.